simple is beautiful
FASHION ADDICT DIARY: Day One
2 ... 2 ...

Blog Archive

Saturday, February 4, 2006

Day One

I saw so many collections yesterday I don't even remember half of them. Getting into the shows, even without invitations, is easy once you're inside the tents - you just have to be nice to the staff - haha. Saw the John Varvatos show which looked like last years Burberry but in grey tones: Lenin caps, double breasted jackets, skinny leg trousers etc. One model actually looked like a male version of Gemma Ward. I was standing next to the Varvatos design interns who tried enlightening me about men's fashion as much as they could...(The Sartorialist has some hot backstage photos - left)

Did I mention I saw the Heart Truth? Got a great view of the runway and Natalia Vodianova, who looked smashing despite the really pregnant bump. Saw all the Lindseys, Fergies, Sheryl Crows, Nelly Furtados and dozens of others who must have been famous judging by the audience reaction. Fergie is the only starlet who knows how to walk. Lohan looked cute but slightly demented. The dresses were red and symbolized "heart disease awareness". My attention span is resistant to these things. The show had lots of great chick-flicky music so I was dancing. Fashion reporters hated me. (Photo on the left is from Dlisted)

Then I somehow got sucked into the Dragana Ognjenovic show. She's from Slovenia. Never heard of her. She was like a really watered down Miuccia Prada circa Fall 05: the suits would be perfect for a burial ceremony. She tries to cater to the tastes of the ambassadorial wives. Blah.

Then I went to Akiko Ogawa. Liked it enough to not remember anything. I think almost every model in that show was from Russia, Ukraine or Belarus - poor victims of Soviet dentistry who never smile. Rachel Alexander, the model, was in that show. I really like her.

I wouldn't have survived the Baby Phat show if it wasn't for all the drinks to sedate me. My new shoes were murdering me but it was worth it because everyone was drooling over them completely jealous. (Stylist girls were leaving their business cards to call them when I remember the name of the store - ha). Kimora put on a big show which wasn't really about the clothes - nobody wears Baby Phat, not even Kimora.
Baby Phat

She pretty much pirated the assorted looks from last years Dior, Proenza Schouler and Balenciaga. The show biz audience was dressed to the teeth. I should have brought along my silver fox! Baby Phat models were stunningly gangly, their limbs were out of this world. To avoid being run over by the mob I split right after Kimora showed up with her kids to take the bow. She thinks she's a real class act.

Now I have to recuperate. It was just day one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LABEL